Tamiya is a household name and a stalwart of the hobby industry. Tamiya have been trailblazers in areas such as radio control, model kits and hobby paints.
RC cars from Tamiya are a seriously rewarding hobby. While offering plenty of RTR (Ready To Run) cars, many of Tamiya's offerings are kits ready to be assembled. Building a remote control car is a sure fire way to have fun and learn more about your vehicle at the same time. Many of the popular cars are from the Tamiya vintage RC range. Classics from the 80's and 90's such as Frog, Hotshot and Lunchbox are still kicking around today, updated with modern electronics for reliability.
On road Tamiya RC is very affordable. At Frontline Hobbies we offer Tamiya drift cars as well as touring cars, F1 cars and Mini chassis.
Tamiya Model Kits
When it comes to model kits Tamiya has a reputation for quality and a huge range of popular models like 1/350 scale ships, 1/48 and 1/72 aircraft, 1/35 military vehicles and an unmatched variety of 1/12 motorcycles and 1/24 model cars.
Tamiya acrylic and enamel paints are the gold standard for hand-painting or mixing for airbrush use. The following ranges are available:
- Tamiya Mini Acrylic - 10mL pots in "X" (gloss or semi-gloss) and "XF" (flat finishes)
- Tamiya Enamel - 10mL pots in X and XF finishes
- Tamiya Laquers - "LP"
- Tamiya TS Sprays - regular spray paint colours
- Tamiya AS Sprays - spray paint colours specifically developed for modelling military aircraft
- Tamiya PS Sprays - polycarbonate spray paints designed for painting lexan body shells for RC cars