Oxford 1/72 DH89 Dragon Rapide X7454 USAAF
Sold Out - Backorder Available [more info]Please contact store for ETA of this product
Oxford - 1/72 DH89 Dragon Rapide X7454 USAAF
This 1:72 scale model is a replica of the British built De Havilland DH89 Dragon Rapide on display at the National Museum of the USAAF, located on the Wright Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio. In military circles the Dragon Rapide went under the name Dominie. Nicknamed 'Wee Wullie', our aircraft in real life was registered as N2290, with a Construction No. 6794. Its flight code number X7454 is printed along both sides of the fuselage, alongside the American Star. Decorated simply in dull green with grey underside, the refurbished Dragon Rapide represents the colours of the USAAF 8th Air Force as flown by the 27th Air Transport Group in 1942. Note a special detail on our model – the addition of an air speed windmill on the upper left wing. More than 530 Dominies were produced for the Royal Air Force and used in communications, transport and training roles. Six were turned over to the USAAF's Eighth Air Force between 1942 and 1944. They were used primarily by the 27th Transport Group. As far as is known, all Dominies flown by Americans carried RAF serial numbers and no USAAF serial numbers were assigned.
- Scale: 1/72
- Size approximately: L 5.75 x W 8 inches
- Diecast metal construction with some plastic components.
- Realistic panel lines, antennas, access panels and surface details.
- Interchangeable extended/retracted landing gear with rotating wheels.
- Presentation stand to display the aircraft "in flight".
- Spinning propellers.
- An Accurate Scale Model and replica
- This model is part of Oxford collection
- Not a toy, suitable for age 14+
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Frontline Hobbies users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.