Meng 1/35 Renault FT-17 Tank with Riveted Turret
..Meng Models 1/35 French Renault FT-17 Light Tank Riveted Turret from the plastic tank model kits range accurately recreates the real life French light tank. This model requires paints and glue..to complete.
The FT-17 Light tank was developed by French during WWI, Its revolutionary configuration - crew compartment at the front, separate engine compartment at the back, drive sprocket at the back, idler wheel at the front, a rotating turret at the front central, full-view commander compartment ... has become and remained the standard tank layout. The octagonal riveted turret replaced the conical cast turret in the early stage of mass production, which was simpler to mass produce than the early cast turret. What...s more, the early turret was too small to allow any guns to be mounted in.
French FT-17 Light Tank with a riveted turret could accommodate a crew of 2. It was armed with an 8mm Hotchkiss M1914 machine gun or a 37mm Puteaux SA18 gun. Over 4100 FT-17s were built in France, and they were widely used in many countries around the world (27 countries confirmed). In the strict sense, the FT-17 was the first real tank in the world. It played a vital role in the history of tank development.
This 1/35 scale French FT-17 Light Tank (Riveted Turret) plastic model kit faithfully represents the vehicle... shape and driver...s compartment interior. Driver...s hatch can be assembled in the open or closed position; the movable suspension system is molded perfectly, and the weight-bearing parts are sturdy; cement-free workable track links are easy to assemble; two weapon options and a precise PE fret are provided; a delicate diorama base is provided to achieve a vivid diorama; two paint schemes are offered.
- Length: 142mm
- Width: 51mm
- The model is provided with a diorama base. What a beautiful match!
- This is a precise model of the earliest modern tank. Its running gear is precision and delicate.
- Driver...s hatch can be assembled open or closed.
- Octagon riveted turret is replicated realistically.
- Workable cement-free tracks are easy to assemble.
- The unditching tail is well detailed. Wrinkles on the tarp makes the vehicle look more realistic.
- Riveted details are apparent. Rivets on all armor surfaces are replicated as per real ones.
- The diorama base is small and exquisite. Unique bars and sandbags are can be collocated at random.
- The kit consists of yellow plastic sprues, decals and PE parts.
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Frontline Hobbies users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.