Flames of War Barbarossa FW305
“We have only to kick in the door and the whole rotten structure will come crashing down.”
~ Hitler declared, with great optimism, during the planning for Operation Barbarossa.
Operation Barbarossa began a struggle of epic proportions that would result in four years of bitter fighting between the Germans and Soviets. It all began in the early hours of 22 June 1941 with a German surprise attack across the border of the Soviet Union with three army groups and 3.8 million Axis soldiers.
The Germans soon found many of the Red Army units they faced wanting, but other units held out with grim determination, fighting off the Germans until they were surrounded. However, the Germans were to encounter some nasty surprises against the Soviet mechanised corps’ counterattacks, facing new heavily armoured Soviet T-34 and KV tanks.
Red Army counterattacks, stubbornly resisting pockets, and the autumn rains, followed by freezing weather, delayed the German thrust towards Moscow. The freezing conditions played into the Red Army’s hands, and they launched a counter-offensive that would push back the Germans back from Moscow!
Inside You Will Find:
- History of Operation Barbarossa, the German invasion of the Soviet Union in 1941.
- History of the Battle for Moscow and the Soviet counter-strike against the German forces attacking their capital.
- Options to field three German tank companies: Leichte Panzerkompanie, Mittlere Panzerkompanie, and Czech Panzerkompanie. You can field mobile infantry with a Panzerschützenkompanie, Schützenkompanie, and Kradschützenkompanie. You can also field motorised and foot infantry with a Heer or SS Infanteriekompanie.
- Options to field the Soviet Red Army in 1941 with T-34 tank equipped Tankovy Batalon, lend-lease tanks with Inomarochnikiy Tankovy Batalon, motor infantry with a Motostrelkovy Batalon, and infantry forces from a Strelkovy Batalon with three different ratings options.
- Inspirational colour photos.
|Brand||Flames of War|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Frontline Hobbies users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.