E-Flite PT-17 15e Model Plane- ARF
A beautiful model plane, the E-Flite PT-17 was inspired by the U.S. Armys trainer plane.
- Easily access electronics with large magnetic hatch
- Authenic 9-cylinder dummy radial engine
- Easy transport and storage with included wing jig
- Easy to assemble
- Plug-in wings included
- Fiberglass landing gear fairings come pre-painted
- Accurate pre-WWII UltraCote trim scheme
- Fiberglass cowl comes pre-painted
The Bright E-Flite PT-17
The primary trainer plane for the U.S. Army Air Corps, the original Stearman PT-17 was frequently used in the lead-up to WWII and is now one of the most recognisable biplanes. E-Flite have brilliantly recreated this famed aircraft in this easy-to-assemble 15-size RC plane. Just like the E-Flite Leader, the PT-17 is constructed from balsa and plywood. The PT-17 has a great biplane design, similar to the Fokker DVII, and is covered with an accurate early-WWII UltraCote trim scheme. It also offers scale details including a painted fibreglass cowl, landing gear fairings and a 9-cylinder dummy radial engine. Thanks to the planes plug-in wings and bolt-in interplane struts, assembling this model will be really straightforward. E-Flite have also included specially-designed jigs that let you keep the upper and lower halves connected for easier transportation and storage. With its flat airfoils and light wing loading, you will find that the E-FliteÂ PT-17 is a joy to fly. Please note that this plane comes almost-ready-to-fly, so there are several items you will need to complete the model. Please refer to the What You Need section below for more details. If you are a fan of scale RC planes, you cannot go past the E-Flite PT-17. Order yours now.
If you like this plane, you should also check out the E-Flite Nieuport.
- Motor. We recommend the E-Flite Power 15 (EFLM4015A)
- Battery. We recommend the E-Flite 3200mAh LiPo (EFLB32003S30)
- ESC. We recommend the E-Flite 40A ESC (EFLA1040B)
- Propeller. We recommend the APC 12 x 6 electric propeller (APCLP12060E)
- Servos. We recommend 2 JR NES-331 servos (JRPS331)
- Mini Servos. We recommend 2 Spektrum A5040 servos (SPMSA5040)
- Radio. We recommend the Spektrum DX5e (SPM5520)
- Receiver. We recommend the Spektrum AR610 (SPMAR610)
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Frontline Hobbies users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.