Dragon 1/35 SAS Raider Truck 4x4 Truck ETO (1944) DR 6725
Sold Out - Backorder Available [more info]Please contact store for ETA of this product
- Authentic SAS 4x4 truck newly produced w/photos-etched detail
- External range fuel tanks are included
- Newly produced photo-etched rack for stowage of POW cans
- Delicate gun shields w/crystal clear and photo-etched parts
- Realistic Vickers K machine guns w/photo-etched parts
- Optional Vickers K MG guns mounts are provided
- Four authentic 1/35 SAS soldiers
- Well-detailed seats w/realistic cloth pattern
- Slide-molded upper and lower body tubs
- Body sides have rivets and fine detailed
- Highly detailed steering mechanism and suspension system
- Fully detailed chassis
- Well-defined wheels w/authentic tire tread pattern
- Complex engine represented by multiple parts
- Accurately detailed front grille and radiator
- Delicate dashboard & drivers compartment
Modelers and collectors were delighted when Dragon released a 1/35 scale model of a 1/4-Ton 4x4 Truck as used by the Special Air Service (SAS) in North Africa. The kit offered intricate detail and pleasurable assembly. Now Dragon is proud to announce a follow-up SAS vehicle kit in the same scale, this time featuring a vehicle operating in the European Theater of Operations (ETO). The SAS, formed in July 1941 by David Stirling, was a commando force designed to operate deep behind enemy lines, something it did very successfully in North Africa, Italy and Northwest Europe. In fact, in Europe the small band of SAS members inflicted 7,733 German casualties, captured 4,784 prisoners, destroyed 700 vehicles and cut 164 railway lines.
The new Dragon kit shows a 1/4-Ton 4x4 Truck modified by the SAS for ETO missions. On a rear-mounted rack its loaded with flimsies containing POL (petrol, oil, lubricants), plus two large fuel tanks are fitted in the rear compartment to allow reconnaissance missions deep behind the frontlines. A special modification introduced for the ETO was an armor plate with bulletproof glass screens in front of the drivers/front passengers compartment, and these elements are newly included in this plastic kit. The SAS vehicle is also heavily armed with fast-firing, twin-mount Vickers K machine guns ready for use against ground or aerial targets. This exciting kit is accurately detailed, and the SAS vehicle is ready to wreak havoc across enemy-occupied Europe!
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Frontline Hobbies users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.