A special edition Classic Mini in regal purple to celebrate the 90th Birthday of HM Queen Elizabeth II.
Born at 2:40am on 21st April 1926, at her maternal grandmother’s house in London’s Mayfair district, Princess Elizabeth Alexandra Mary was the first child of the Duke and Duchess of York. At her birth, Princess Elizabeth was third in line of succession to the throne, after her uncle, Edward, Prince of Wales and her father. The death of King George V in 1936 and the series of events afterwards that led to the abdication of her uncle as King Edward VIII, changed her life completely and following the death of her father, she became Queen in 1952.
In 2015 Queen Elizabeth II recently became Britain’s longest reigning monarch. Corgi is celebrating Her Majesty’s 90th birthday with this special commemorative die-cast model.
The Queen's birthday will be marked by a four day long celebration at Windsor Castle in London in May, chronicling the Queen's birth, through to World War II, her marriage, coronation and a reign of more than 60 years. Further celebrations take place in London on June 10th to 12th.
- 21st April: The Queen's birthday
- 12th to 15th May: The Queen's 90th Birthday Celebration, Windsor Castle
- 10th June: The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh attend a National Service of Thanksgiving at St Paul's Cathedral
- 11th June: The Queen's official birthday, Trooping the Colour at Buckingham Palace
- 12th June: The Queen will attend the patron's lunch, a celebration of her patronage of more than 600 organisations in the UK and around the Commonwealth since 1952